Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Emo

I bet you're thinking, "Oh God, an emo post...". Or if you're not, then you're thinking, "Hey! Let's get some chicken soup!". Well, maybe not the second one, but it's been a long time since I've had chicken soup so shoot me if I start talking about soup made from chickens cause that's really not what this post is about.

Anyway, I'm writing this because I've noticed that a lot of people are starting to feel depressed whether it is because they won't have the same class mates next year or if they haven't had their chicken soup in a long time (DAMMIT).

In any case, what's interesting is that most of us apologize for feeling depressed or get angry at ourselves or even at other people when they're being emo-life-sucking-leeches. We go, "He/She's emo again. Oh, how annoying." And I... don't get it.

I mean, what is it about this - this feeling that we completely detest? Why do we apologize for being sad or depressed? Believe it or not, being sad isn't a crime. Or... not yet anyway. I suppose we could take happy pills and be happy little people who completely detach from worldly emotions like sadness or depression. But I'm pretty sure that substance abuse is illegal and frowned upon in most societies.

I'm just saying, it's possible to feel sad about nothing. Just as it is obviously possible to feel sad about something. Don't assume a person's just doing it to seek attention until you've heard their side of the story.

I know how annoying and preachy I'm sounding to you (or looking to you?) right now, and I apologize for that.

Feel free to ignore me if you think I'm being stupid and am spouting crap. To each his own, yeh?

I'm just tired of living in a world where being sad is wrong

No comments: